Amaranth (Gomphrena globosa)
This listing is for a 1 ounce sachet
- Amaranth is sacred to Huitzilopotchli, an Aztec Sun God and is a suitable offering to Artemis and Demeter.
- A crown of amaranth flowers worn on the head speeds healing.
- To make sure that you are never struck by a bullet, pull up a whole amaranth plant (including roots) preferably on a Friday during the Full Moon. Leave an offering to the plant and then fold it, roots and all, in a piece of white cloth. Wear this against your breast and you'll be 'bullet-proof.' I imagine you'd have to use one of the smaller, ornamental varieties for this.
- The dried amaranth flowers have been used to call forth the dead, I don't know the process for this.
- Amaranth is used in spells to repair a broken heart.
- It is also associated with immortality, and is used to decorate images of gods and goddesses as well as in Pagan funeral ceremonies.
- Woven into a wreath, it is said to render the wearer invisible.