This listing is for a 1 ounce sachet
Magical Uses of Peony
- Wear peony to protect the soul, body and spirit. When worn around the neck by a child peony protects against the mischief of fairies and imps, traditionally peony was carved into small beads called ;piney beads’ and then strung for this purpose.
- The roots and seeds are also said to protect against misfortune, bolster health, breaking jinxes, and draw good fortune.
- When burned as an incense it is said to protect those who travel on water from storms and when planted around the home will protect the home from storms and evil.
- In folklore peony is used as a lucky charm, a healer, to promote prosperity, a strong protector, in exorcism and remove hexes and curses. Southern style anointing oils are often made with peony and are used to dress candles and anoint the body, amulets and conjure hands.
- Peony is considered possibly safe when taken short term by mouth. Peony can cause an upset stomach and a rash in some people.
- Do not take while pregnant or breastfeeding, peony may cause uterine contractions.
- Peony may reduce the ability of blood to clot and should not be taken by people suffering bleeding disorders.